Most people prefer to consider Siri as a female but it is not actually true. The original accent of ...
, by Parker Slovinsky
With the flow of time, our Macs have every chance to slow down due to the presence of the full-featured applications that we no longer use. The Apple devices stop working properly since we really do not remove what we do not need. Uninstalling applications on Mac is elementary, but there are various methods to deal with this issue. In addition to the below-mentioned methods, one of the simplest and fastest ways to uninstall any app from a Mac is to use a special program like MacFly Pro or any other similar program. This type of application helps a user clean the device and get free storage space anytime.
How to remove the applications installed from the Web?
For those applications on Mac that you downloaded from the Web, here’s how to remove apps from Mac with the help of Finder:
- To open the Finder window, click the Finder icon in the Dock.
- Click Applications section on the sidebar.
- Scroll the list until you find the application you want to delete. You can still find it from the Search bar.
- Right-click on the application.
- Click Move to Trash.
- In your Dock, click the Trash icon.
- Finally, click Empty.
How to Uninstall the Applications Downloaded from the Mac App Store?
Deleting an application downloaded from the Mac App Store is pretty similar to removing an application from the iPhone/iPad. To know how to delete an app on Mac, you should follow the next guide:
- Open Launchpad on your Mac. It can be done by clicking the Launchpad icon on the dock, by pressing F4 in the function bar or by making a 4-fingers trick on the trackpad.
- Decide what exact application downloaded from the Mac App Store you would like to delete.
- Press and hold the application icon until it starts to jiggle.
- Click “X”, which will be seen in the upper left corner of the application icon.
- When prompted, click Delete.
How to Remove Applications from the Dock?
You can still remove apps on Mac by simple drag-and-drop function.
- Find the application you want to remove from your dock, or open the “Application” folder on your dock and find it there.
- Tap and hold the application icon.
- Drag the application icon to the Trash icon in your dock and release it.
- Click on the Trash icon.
- In the end, click Empty.
How to Uninstall an Application that is Still not Closed?
A user needs to delete the application, but eventually receives a strange pop-up window that the chosen app is still open. We propose a step-by-step guide to solve the problem.
The bulk of the applications on an old or new MacBook are easy to understand. You will also be able to use Launchpad for management and removal of the applications. However, they still often do not work the way iOS applications usually do. For example, if you want to uninstall an application, but it does not have the usual X, you get the message that says, “The item “[app name]” can’t be moved to the trash because it is open”.
The situation often takes place due to the fact that an application is processed in the background. To uninstall such an app successfully, you will need to shut it down first and then try to delete it from your Mac. So, this is how to close this app:
- In your app dock, click on the Finder icon.
- Then choose Applications from the Favorites list.
- Find Utilities and double-click on it.
- Find Activity Monitor and double-click on it.
- Fill in the app’s name you are looking for in the Search bar.
- Select an app.
- Click on the X in the window’s upper left corner.
- Select Quit to confirm that you want to quit the window.
Finally, the selected app is closed and can be removed from your Mac forever. All in all, the actions could be performed automatically by any smart cleaner app for Mac devices like MacFly Pro. To my mind, it is more convenient using the specialized programs then spending hours for uninstalling.
Quite a long time people used iCloud to use email or calendar, and work with applications not direct...
The newest mobile operating system for Apple has been released and is sure to impress iPhone users w...
In spring 2016, the company revealed its new iPhone SE that looked exactly like iPhone 5s but differ...
The latest presentation of the newest Apple TV offers not only 4K content but also High Dynamic Rang...
The task of selecting the best cleaner for Mac computer is presently quite urgent throughout the Mac...